[Samba] new DC via clone..

Kees van Vloten keesvanvloten at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 09:28:36 UTC 2024

Op 24-07-2024 om 11:11 schreef Luis Peromarta via samba:
> I run DCs in containers. LXC, privileged, on proxmox.
So do I, but without proxmox. I create and maintain those with Ansible
code, I never ever do manual changes and hence my "machines" are
disposable as described in the previous message.

I guess what Joachim meant is a stateless / readonly docker container
from a ready to run image. Although is possible to create such an image
for LXC but there is no ready to  run image available on internet.

Samba-DC and Samba-Fileserver tightly integrate with the filesystem e.g.
for permissions via Posix-ACLS, Extended Attributes and with
Posix-identities based on UID/GID. In particular for EAs you need
functionality from the kernel that is not available for unprivileged
containers.

- Kees.