[Samba] State of chmod support for Samba 4.20.x

Erwin Hoffmann feh at fehcom.de
Wed Jul 17 11:18:54 UTC 2024

Hi together,

after the milestone release of Samba 4.20 supporting again Unix Posix
semantics, I'm wondering 'what is the state of chmod support' here (and
planned for future releases).

Currently, the file permissions are not changeable by the user having
mounted the share (ie. by mount_smb). I understand, that this also
depends on the capability of the cifs.ko on the Linux client (not to
talk about gvfs -- different beast).

Anybody recognizes some light at the end of the tunnel? Or maybe, I'm
overlooking some important advices?

regards.
--eh.

--