[Samba] Repos Broken

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Wed Jul 17 06:26:30 UTC 2024

17.07.2024 00:08, Michael Tokarev via samba wrote:
> 16.07.2024 18:20, Peter Milesson via samba wrote:
>> I guess both Eduardo and I hit the worst possible moment, when the repository was under upgrading. Everything went fine with other servers that I
>> updated today.
> There's no way the repository is "under upgrading".
> I sync new .deb files first, and only when it's all done, I sync
> new indexes, atomically.

Sigh.  I had the wrong repository in mind.

You were talking about bookworm-backports.  I had my personal debian
repository in mind.

For bookworm-backports it's perfectly fine to have repository in
state "under upgrading".

Because arch-all and each architecture of arch-any packages are
built independently.  So it's easily possible to have next
version of arch-all packages already built and installed in the
bpo archive, but none of the arch-any packages even built yet
(samba arch-any requires just a few minutes to build, while for
arch-specific packages it might require several hours or even
a day).

So yes, in there, things might look broken from time to time,
while the new version is being built.

I stand corrected, obviously the above my statement is wrong
(it is right for my repository, not for bpo).

/mjt