[Samba] Difference between share access from Windows and Linux

Ingo Asche foren at asche-rz.de
Wed May 24 08:51:22 UTC 2023

Hi Rowland,

thanks for the answer...

I'm totally with you, the problem lies with Synology. Just wanted to be
sure.

As you may have read in my other mail today directed more to Travis, I
could create a workaround through changing a library to an older one.

The name libidmap-samba4.so indicates it has something to with the id
mapping. Any thoughts from your knowledge and experience why there is
something different between Windows and Linux workstations? Maybe you
have a helpful hint.

I'm just hoping for some munition against Synology, as I'm no developer
myself. They test every time from Linux and say there's no problem. Of
course there's no problem, because it happens only from Windows.

Regards
Ingo
https://github.com/WAdama