[Samba] Synology shares not accessible...

Ingo Asche foren at asche-rz.de
Wed May 24 07:47:00 UTC 2023

Hi Travis,

are you still there? ;-)

How are your Synos do? Do have in the mean time installed the actual
SMBService?

If you have and have with the actual SMBService the same problem as
before the Beta version there is a workaround:
In "/usr/local/packages/@appstore/SMBService/usr/lib/samba" you have to
change the "libidmap-samba4.so" to the one from the beta version, clear
the SMB cache and then it should work again.

Regards
Ingo
https://github.com/WAdama

Ingo Asche via samba schrieb am 13.04.2023 um 21:37:
> Hi Travis,
>
> I know, but this is now the released version (4.15.9-0919 beta >
> 4.15.9-0631), see the history page for SMB-Service:
> https://www.synology.com/en-us/releaseNote/SMBService?model=DS918%2B#7_x_series
>

> With the beta version it still works. But we can't stay on the beta
> forever I think.
>
> Regards
> Ingo
> https://github.com/WAdama
>
> Travis Wenks via samba schrieb am 13.04.2023 um 21:29:
>> The only way I have found to fix that is to enable the beta updates in
>> plugins and install the beta version of samba on the Synology.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>

>> Travis Wenks
>>
>> Rose City Solutions
>> Owner
>> [image: Rose City Skyline Logo]
>>
>> * Phone *503.821.7000 <3464881845>
>>
>> * Website *rosecitysolutions.com <https://rosecitysolutions.com>
>>
>> * Email * travis at rosecitysolutions.com
>>

>> On Thu, Apr 13, 2023 at 3:42 AM Ingo Asche via samba
>> <samba at lists.samba.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> to all of you which are using Synology NAS systems.
>>>
>>> With SMB-Service 4.15.9-0631 no longer shares are accessible via domain
>>> group rights from a Samba 4.17.7 domain.
>>>
>>> It seems the same error described in the following mail trails:
>>> "No longer access to shares after upgrade to 4.17.3"
>>> "File server joined to a samba domain accessed by windows 10-11
>>> clients,
>>> works via ip no via dns name"
>>>
>>> I've already openend a ticket with Synology.
>>>
>>> So be careful before updating the SMB-Service, maybe test it first on a
>>> not so important system.
>>>
>>> Regard
>>> Ingo
>>>
>>> --