[Samba] samba-tool : how to remove expiry date of an account

Olivier BILHAUT obilhaut at fondation-misericorde.fr
Wed May 24 09:56:27 UTC 2023

Hi list :)

I am looking for the right command to achieve my goal.

would like to remove the account expiry date of an ACCOUNT with a
samba-tool command (account never expires)

Options of "samba-tool user
setexpiry" are :
--filter=FILTER LDAP Filter to set password
on
--days=DAYS Days to expiry
--noexpiry

Unfortunately, the "noexpiry"
parameter just set another option which is "the PASSWORD never expires"
which is related to the passord, and so serve a totally different goal.

AFAIK, I cannot use the "edit" parameter since I would to do it on an
non-interactive mode.

Does anybody already achieve this ?

Many
thanks for your interest !