[Samba] Samba first time run

Luis Peromarta lperoma at icloud.com
Tue Mar 28 10:16:22 UTC 2023

I’m not great either.

That’s why I don’t think I would never build samba myself. For that you need to be very good at samba - or better.

Stop your grief. Remove your samba files. Install from packages. I recommend Debian, and if installing from backports will get you 4.17.6 or so which is new enough.

Then choose what you want to do with samba. Follow the wiki page accordingly.

If you have questions then, I’d come back here asking again. People are helpful here.

If you need more that “best effort” support, I’d recommend you get commercial samba support.

This is pretty much what RP is saying.

All the best.

LP