[Samba] AD Functional Level vs very old SaMBa member server

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Mar 10 14:45:53 UTC 2023

On 10/03/2023 14:18, Tamás Németh via samba wrote:
> Okay then, this sounds very bad :-( One more thing: There is a system using
> PAM SMB (https://www.samba.org/~airlied/) with lanman1 protocol on port
> 139. After upgrading our domain level, will we be able to keep some MEMBER
> servers, to which this PAM SMB remains to be able to authenticate via
> TCP/139 and some kind of NTLM (let's say NTLMv1) authentication, or even
> member servers will only authenticate via kerberos?

I have never used that module (to be honest, I had never heard of it),
but a quick google shows that it seems to be no longer maintained, the
last update appears to have been in 2005.

Why do feel that you need it ?
Perhaps if you explained your network as it is now and also (as I
already asked you) post your existing smb.conf file(s)

Rowland