[Samba] AD Functional Level vs very old SaMBa member server

Tamás Németh nt1277 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 15:20:16 UTC 2023

Well, thank you for still replying to me. The thing is that this particular
SaMBa server is THE original Linux server of my working place, hosting tons
of home made ancient perl and PHP programs written by former colleagues,
and these programs interact with the dozens of SaMBa shares. This is why we
never had the time to fully analyze its structure and upgrade it somehow
while working on other projects. That PAM SMB module is used by the web
server of the mentioned perl and PHP programs.

Now we'd like to raise the functional level of our Windows domain, and
we're afraid, we will have to completely analyze and replace this ancient
server. The smb.conf is basically like the following:

[global]
netbios name = samba1
workgroup = AD
interfaces = 192.168.0.8/24