[Samba] Domain join with realm

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Feb 9 17:38:02 UTC 2023

On Thu, Feb 09, 2023 at 09:55:02AM +0100, Ralph Boehme via samba wrote:

>Again, as a community we always have and will try to help folks with
>everything Samba related, including stuff "we do not write". It's of
>course each individual's choice on which stuff he is able and willing
>to help. In doubt, I personally just don't reply to the list, but
>instead just stay in read only mode and see if there's anything I can
>learn.

Indeed - well said Ralph. I personally see this lists as kind
of a grab-bag of "All Things SMB" :-).

There isn't really a forum for SMB 1/2/3 protocol users and
implementors (although samba-technical is probably a better
list for implementors) and this list is the closest thing
we have.

We're all in this crazy protocol world together, and we
all do better when we help each other, even if Samba
isn't directly involved. We all know sooner or later
it will be as we are the universal glue between Windows
and non-Windows systems :-) :-).