[Samba] Failed to store repsFrom - Indexed and full searches both failed!

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 17:17:51 UTC 2023

> Sorry to be late in replying to this, got a bit swamped.

No problem! :D

Then it doesn't matter what Samba is running on, the easiest
> fix is to fully demote the faulty DC and create a new one, you may be
> able to fix the existing DC, but it will undoubtedly take longer.

I created a new VM, keeping the same hostname and IP, I did all the
procedure in the wiki to add a DC to an existing AD, but the same error
occurred.

Failed to store repsFrom - Indexed and full searches both failed!

About this fix you mention, how could I do it?

On Tue, Dec 12, 2023 at 8:55 AM Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Dec 2023 14:10:40 -0300
> Elias Pereira via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the help, Rowland!!
> >
> > if so, you do not 'provision', you 'join' a new DC.
> > > Can you please post the exact command you used.
> >

> > Yes, I misspelled it! It's domain join!!! :D
> > samba-tool domain join campus.sertao.ifrs.edu.br DC -U
> > "CAMPUS\Administrator" --option='idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes'
> >
> > Not sure why you are doing that, if you are going to use Bind9, why
> > not
> > > just join with '--dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ' ?
> >

> > You're right. I forgot that I could have put that option in the
> > command above.
> >
> > Provided that there are no records in AD for the DC, you should be
> > able
> > > to use the old hostname and IP.
> >

> > The best thing then is to set up a new VM, right?
> >

> Sorry to be late in replying to this, got a bit swamped.
>
> If you are having problems with a single Samba AD DC in a multiple DC
> domain i.e. the problem occurs only on one DC and the others have no
> problems. Then it doesn't matter what Samba is running on, the easiest
> fix is to fully demote the faulty DC and create a new one, you may be
> able to fix the existing DC, but it will undoubtedly take longer.
>
> Rowland
>

> --

Elias Pereira