[Samba] Failed to store repsFrom - Indexed and full searches both failed!

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Dec 12 11:54:56 UTC 2023

On Sat, 9 Dec 2023 14:10:40 -0300
Elias Pereira via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Thanks for the help, Rowland!!
>
> if so, you do not 'provision', you 'join' a new DC.
> > Can you please post the exact command you used.
>

> Yes, I misspelled it! It's domain join!!! :D
> samba-tool domain join campus.sertao.ifrs.edu.br DC -U
> "CAMPUS\Administrator" --option='idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = yes'
>
> Not sure why you are doing that, if you are going to use Bind9, why
> not
> > just join with '--dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ' ?
>

> You're right. I forgot that I could have put that option in the
> command above.
>
> Provided that there are no records in AD for the DC, you should be
> able
> > to use the old hostname and IP.
>

> The best thing then is to set up a new VM, right?

Sorry to be late in replying to this, got a bit swamped.

If you are having problems with a single Samba AD DC in a multiple DC
domain i.e. the problem occurs only on one DC and the others have no
problems. Then it doesn't matter what Samba is running on, the easiest
fix is to fully demote the faulty DC and create a new one, you may be
able to fix the existing DC, but it will undoubtedly take longer.

Rowland