[Samba] Samba Folder Redirection

Chris me phunction at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 30 19:44:41 UTC 2023

Hi, I have a samba 4 AD setup and I am using a GPO for folder redirection as stated here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configuring_Windows_Profile_Folder_Redirections_with_Group_Policy

I am able to redirect folders such as Desktop, Documents, etc but I am trying to redirect AppData and it will not work. When I try setting that, when a user logs on it will just sit at the signing in screen with the spinning wheel indefinetaly. Does anyone know what the issue might be?

I have tried both options, Using Group Policy Folder Redirection and Using a Group Policy Preference

I redirected to \\server\USER\.wprofile\AppData

Desktop is redirected to \\server\USER\.wprofile\Destkop and it works fine.

Thanks