[Samba] Samba migration to AD

Marco Querci mquerci75 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 03:44:53 UTC 2023

Hi,

I've managed to successfully migrate a samba-AD to a windows-AD ... in a
test environment not yet in production.
I suggest you to start reading this:
https://samba.tranquil.it/doc/en/samba_advanced_methods/samba_migration_to_ms_domain.html

My samba version is 4.15.13
The steps I've followed are:
- prepare samba
- add win2008 to the domain
- copy sysvol
- demote samba DC (the one without FSMO roles)
- transfer FSMO roles from samba to win2008
- demote the other samba DC
- add win2016 to the domain
- copy sysvol
- transfer the FSMO roles