[Samba] running ./configure on older python

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Aug 4 10:48:16 UTC 2023

On Fri, 2023-08-04 at 13:44 +0300, Michael Tokarev via samba wrote:
> 04.08.2023 13:24, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> > Could it be environment variables?
>
> Heh. And immediately when I read this, I realized it is my experiment
> with
> Debian packaging. Because it *is* an environment variable. Which
> works on
> Debian bullseye, but does not work with older python from buster.
>
> This has nothing to do with samba, it is my own breakage.
>
> The context was to provide python packages for multiple python
> versions,
> in order to simplify python transitions within Debian infrastructure.
> But
> it failed because other samba packages can not be built for multiple
> python versions anyway.
>
> Please excuse me for the noize, and thank you for the help!

No worries.  It is literally how an open source community should work,
and your incredible efforts in it are noticed, appricaited and we are
thankful for your posts!

Andrew Bartlett

Samba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst.Net Ltd

Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company

Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba

Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions