[Samba] running ./configure on older python

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Fri Aug 4 10:44:37 UTC 2023

04.08.2023 13:24, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> Could it be environment variables?

Heh. And immediately when I read this, I realized it is my experiment with
Debian packaging. Because it *is* an environment variable. Which works on
Debian bullseye, but does not work with older python from buster.

This has nothing to do with samba, it is my own breakage.

The context was to provide python packages for multiple python versions,
in order to simplify python transitions within Debian infrastructure. But
it failed because other samba packages can not be built for multiple
python versions anyway.

Please excuse me for the noize, and thank you for the help!

/mjt