[Samba] compiling samba..

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Aug 3 19:46:50 UTC 2023

On Thu, 2023-08-03 at 20:37 +0100, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> This list is for older Samba versions (4.10 and earlier) and
> distributions not included in the table above
>

> Though that could be better, 22.04 isn't in the table above, so use
> 20.04, that will be a lot nearer than the manual list.

The scripts all exist, but the table hasn't been updated to link to
them.

I think the table wasn't my best idea in hindsight.  It is hard to
update (I locked it to administrator so someone wouldn't be able to
link to a malicious script) and has to be updated each release.

Better would be to remove the table (the whole wiki include) and
replace it with text explaining how to find the script in the source
tree - if the user is building Samba, clearly they have the source
code!

If you have any time to do that it would be awesome.

Thanks,

Andrew

--
Andrew Bartlett (he/him)       https://samba.org/~abartlet/Samba Team Member (since 2001) https://samba.orgSamba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/sambaCatalyst.Net Ltd
Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group