[Samba] DNS problems (still) with Linux domain members - using Samba's internal DNS backend

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Apr 29 08:07:33 UTC 2023

On 28/04/2023 20:28, Gary Dale via samba wrote:
> On 2023-04-28 13:49, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
>> Can I ask, how old are you and how old do you think I am ?
>>
>> Rowland
>
> I'm 70 and have been working with computers & programming since the late
> 60s. I got my first home computer in 1978.
>
> I have no idea how old you are but the dig against millennials was more
> about the current round of Samba developers and even it was delivered
> with a wink.

You are just slightly older than myself, 67, and my first computer was a
UK101, closely followed by a Sinclair ZX80, so yes, I remember peek &
poke etc.

If I can understand that AD is way ahead of anything Linux can offer,
why cannot you ???

As for the actual Samba developers, whilst there are a lot of young ones
(but then everyone is young to me now), there are quite a few that have
been working on Samba for over 20 years.

You might be 70, but you are coming over like a teenager!

Rowland