[Samba] Get the reverse zone working

matti.kaupenjohann matti.kaupenjohann at fh-dortmund.de
Fri Apr 21 16:41:29 UTC 2023

> Is that exactly what was returned ? (including the two dots between
> in-addr and arpa)
yes you are right that was a typo in the mail: "Host
2.0.99.10.in-addr.arpa. not  found: 3(NXDOMAIN)"

> What does 'sudo samba-tool dns zonelist dc1 --reverse' produce ?
> Where 'dc1' is your DC's hostname

my DC hostname is dc01. The command you gave me returns a quite long
output about "GENSEC" and also something interesting:

resolve_lmhosts: Attempting lmhosts lookup for name dc01<0x20>

startlmhosts: Can't open lmhosts file /etc/samba/lmhosts. Error was No
such file or diresctory. further it seems I am unable to use the domain
user flag -Uadministrator because no matter what password I enter:

Received smb_krb5 packet of length 293
Received smb_krb5 packet of length 246

and then again the password prompt.

The long output or the auth fail did not happend last time. It seems
something went wrong and I am unable to determine where. Probably a
complete reset might be the only help?

Greetings