[Samba] long scripts

Peter Carlson peter at howudodat.com
Fri Oct 14 14:21:40 UTC 2022

This is only partly a samba question and more a AD/GPO question

I would like to have it setup via GPO that users when logging into
windows run login.ps1 and when logging in to linux run login.sh

I have found one solution requiring python to be installed and using one
python script to detect the os and then re-act appropriately.  However I
dont want to install python on windows computers. I was thinking
something like if computer in Linux Servers logon script = login.sh
otherwise logon script = login.ps1, but I'm not quite sure how to best
do this.  Maybe there is already a wiki on this that I can't find?

Peter