[Samba] Samba does not replicate attributes added via ldbmodify

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Oct 13 06:14:11 UTC 2022

On Thu, 2022-10-13 at 08:08 +0200, Ralf Spenneberg via samba wrote:
> HI Andrew,
> thanks a lot for answering as well.
> Am 12.10.22 um 20:42 schrieb Andrew Bartlett via samba:
> > On the DC that is not getting the replication, have you
> > forcedreplication?Does that help?
> No. Unfortunately not. Actually forcing the replication thinks
> everything is in order.# samba-tool drs replicate --local backup
> primary dc=ad,dc=domain,dc=dePartition[dc=ad,dc=domain,dc=de]
> objects[0] linked_values[0]Incremental replication of 0 objects and 0
> links from primary to tdb:///var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb was
> successful.
>   > Are other changes (password updates, other modifications)
> reflected  > compared with proxyAdddress?Yes I just checked. password
> updates are replicated.
> > (And don't worry, it is not case sensitive and is self-correcting
> > ofcase, if Samba accepts the modify it should replicate, as long as
> > youdon't access the files under sam.ldb.d/ directly).
> Well, the ldbmodify usedc was:ldbmodify -v -H
> 'DC=AD,DC=DOMAIN,DC=DE.ldb' < /root/replace-proxyAddresses.ldif
> Does this count as modifying the files directly?

Yes.  Your domain is now (subtly) corrupt.  Do not pass go, do not
collect $200. ;-)
The file to modify it the sam.ldb file in the directory above, this
provides the correct interface.
dbcheck might fix it.
Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett (he/him)       https://samba.org/~abartlet/Samba Team Member (since 2001) https://samba.orgSamba Team Lead, Catalyst IT   https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Samba Development and Support, Catalyst IT - Expert Open SourceSolutions