[Samba] Samba does not replicate attributes added via ldbmodify

Ralf Spenneberg ralf at spenneberg.net
Thu Oct 13 06:08:35 UTC 2022

HI Andrew,

thanks a lot for answering as well.

Am 12.10.22 um 20:42 schrieb Andrew Bartlett via samba:
> On the DC that is not getting the replication, have you forced
> replication?
> Does that help?
No. Unfortunately not. Actually forcing the replication thinks
everything is in order.
# samba-tool drs replicate --local backup primary dc=ad,dc=domain,dc=de
Partition[dc=ad,dc=domain,dc=de] objects[0] linked_values[0]
Incremental replication of 0 objects and 0 links from primary to
tdb:///var/lib/samba/private/sam.ldb was successful.

  > Are other changes (password updates, other modifications) reflected
  > compared with proxyAdddress?
Yes I just checked. password updates are replicated.

> (And don't worry, it is not case sensitive and is self-correcting of
> case, if Samba accepts the modify it should replicate, as long as you
> don't access the files under sam.ldb.d/ directly).
Well, the ldbmodify usedc was:
ldbmodify -v -H 'DC=AD,DC=DOMAIN,DC=DE.ldb' <
/root/replace-proxyAddresses.ldif

Does this count as modifying the files directly?

Kind regards,
Ralf

--
OpenSource Security GmbH                https://os-s.de
Am Bahnhof 3                            48565 Steinfurt         Germany