[Samba] upgrade from samba 4.13 to 4.16 broke CIFS Server Authentication

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Wed Aug 31 09:53:30 UTC 2022

On 8/31/22 11:13, William Kirstaedter wrote:
> mainly I'd be interested in what the error in the smbd.log means, and
> how I could get a trace what exactly the netapp or the windows client
> sent to authenticate.

which smbd.log? I guess you're referring to the NetAPP event log
fragment you shared? Nobody outside NetAPP will be able to do a failure
analysis based on the NetAPP log.

Here on planet Samba we could ony look at at SMB network trace between
client and netapp, network traces of all traffic of the netapp appliance
(mainly to look at DNS, the RPC connection to the DC will be encrypted)
and a log with level 10 from the Samba DC.

With a bit of luck it's possible to find something where thing go south,
but it's a slim chance.

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                 https://samba.org/