[Samba] What happens to Samba permissions when moving a share on the Linux side?

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Sun Aug 21 11:57:18 UTC 2022

I have a server with Samba 4.10.8 in AD mode, with shares on the DC. I
know that Samba in AD mode keeps the file permissions in its own
database, not on the Linux file system. What happens to these
permissions if the root of a share is moved on the Linux side? For
example, my share is currently at /mnt/point/samba/share_name, and I
would like to move it to /srv/samba/share_name. Will that mess up the
stored Samba file permissions - are they using full paths to find the
files the permissions apply to? Thank you for any info