[Samba] wiki entry regarding updating self compiled samba addc (4.11.x -> 4.15.0 in my case)

rme at bluemail.ch rme at bluemail.ch
Wed Sep 29 07:10:02 UTC 2021

On 29.09.2021 00:52, Patrick Goetz wrote:
> Based on your description is sounds like you're not using the VHDX
> version of profiles.

Correct, I am not using profile virtual disks. My understanding is also
this is mainly used in RDP (terminal server) environments and also
allows easy rollback to discard changes.

I personally just use roaming profile configuration and let Windows sync
profiles on logon/logoff from a normal Samba share. If I want to discard
user changes I am using mandatory profiles (rename ntuser.dat to
ntuser.man) along with read-only permissions so the user profile is
re-set on each logon.