[Samba] Permission denied when chainbuilding packages with mock

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Sep 28 10:10:47 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-09-28 at 11:28 +0200, Julian Sikorski via samba wrote:
> W dniu 28.09.2021 o 11:08, Rowland Penny via samba pisze:
> > On Tue, 2021-09-28 at 10:53 +0200, Julian Sikorski via samba wrote:
> > > Hi list,
> > >
> > > since a few weeks I am no longer able to chainbuild packages with
> > > mock
> > > when localrepo is pointed to a samba share.
> >
> > Has anything changed, any updares etc ?

At the top of the client smb.conf is this:

# Note:
# SMB1 is disabled by default. This means clients without support for
SMB2 or
# SMB3 are no longer able to connect to smbd (by default).

It should also say that if you are trying to connect to a server, then
the server  must not use SMBv1 because the client doesn't use SMBv1.

Try adding these lines to the smb.conf on the server:

client min protocol = SMB2
server min protocol = SMB2

Reload the config, do not restart Samba, OMV may remove the lines.

If they work (and they should), you need to find out how to stop OMV
from removing them.

Rowland