[Samba] Permission denied when chainbuilding packages with mock

Julian Sikorski belegdol at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 10:58:02 UTC 2021

W dniu 28.09.2021 o 12:10, Rowland Penny via samba pisze:
> On Tue, 2021-09-28 at 11:28 +0200, Julian Sikorski via samba wrote:
>> W dniu 28.09.2021 o 11:08, Rowland Penny via samba pisze:
>>> On Tue, 2021-09-28 at 10:53 +0200, Julian Sikorski via samba wrote:
>>>> Hi list,
>>>> since a few weeks I am no longer able to chainbuild packages with
>>>> mock
>>>> when localrepo is pointed to a samba share.
>>> Has anything changed, any updares etc ?
> At the top of the client smb.conf is this:
> # Note:
> # SMB1 is disabled by default. This means clients without support for
> SMB2 or
> # SMB3 are no longer able to connect to smbd (by default).
> It should also say that if you are trying to connect to a server, then
> the server  must not use SMBv1 because the client doesn't use SMBv1.
> Try adding these lines to the smb.conf on the server:
> client min protocol = SMB2
> server min protocol = SMB2
> Reload the config, do not restart Samba, OMV may remove the lines.
> If they work (and they should), you need to find out how to stop OMV
> from removing them.
> Rowland
Thanks! I added the lines, reloaded the config with smbcontrol smbd 
reload-config and remounted the share on the client. It did not help 
unfortunately. As I have vers=3.1.1 in the fstab entry, shouldn't this 
have been sufficient?
In the meantime, I have tried something else and got some interesting 
results. I have tried to remove as many variables as possible and I did 
the following:

1. removed nobrl from the mount options on the desktop client to align 
with my laptop client
2. attempted to run the same rebuild command from my other client, using 
exactly the same mock options and as close as possible mount options. I 
then tried chainbuilding two different packages: $ mock --chain 
--localrepo /mnt/openmediavault/kernel/ -r fedora-34-x86_64 
gnumeric/gnumeric-1.12.50-2.fc36.src.rpm. This has led to some 
interesting results: initially, if the first attempt was made on the 
desktop pc, the access denied error would appear and subsequent attempts 
on the laptop will fail. On the other hand, if the first attempt was 
made on the laptop, subsequent attempts would succeed, including ones 
done on the desktop. After changing and reverting the protocol version, 
however, neither laptop nor desktop clients work.

The above indicates that the package versions installed can work in 
theory as I did no updates in the meantime. The question remains what is 
causing the failures.

Best regards,

More information about the samba mailing list