[Samba] id mapping

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Thu Sep 23 08:19:46 UTC 2021

> Using sssd isn't supported by Samba because Samba doesn't produce it
> and, as I have shown previously, not even red hat supports its use
> with Samba.

Samba also doesn't produce libc or the kernel, still we consume those
system components and generally get some sane behaviour out of the
combined system.

For some scenarious supporting sss in nsswitch.conf is certainly
possible with a few caveats by using idmap_nss or preferrable idmap_sss.

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                 https://samba.org/
SerNet Samba Team Lead      https://sernet.de/en/team-samba