[Samba] id mapping

Weiser, Michael michael.weiser at atos.net
Thu Sep 23 08:31:59 UTC 2021

Hello Ralph, Patrick,

> For some scenarious supporting sss in nsswitch.conf is certainly
> possible with a few caveats by using idmap_nss or preferrable idmap_sss.

Thanks for chipping away at and digging into this. I've been following the discussion with much interest since, as discussed before in a (very) different context[1], I also work with a lot of environments with considerable investment in non-winbind-idmap_ad-accessible user data sources. I've been using the idmap_nss approach for years and would very much like to be able to use idmap_sss where it lends itself to it.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help move this forward.

[1] https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2021-June/236384.html

Regards.
Michael