[Samba] Issues with log rotation

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Sep 1 09:20:24 UTC 2021

Hai,

This is on Bionic i think? That should not be a samba thing..
I had a look at my logrotate. Thats exactly the same as yours.
On my debian and ubuntu servers.

Only, i dont have these 2 in my smb.conf,
> log level = 1
> max log size = 10000

Only difference as far i can tell. Not that it "should" matter.
But i seen failing logrotates also, just not in samba.

What to you see if you run :
logrotate -d /etc/logrotate.conf
Or
logrotate -d -f /etc/logrotate.conf