[Samba] Issues with log rotation

Viktor Trojanovic viktor at troja.ch
Wed Sep 1 09:55:31 UTC 2021

Hi Louis,

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes, that's on Bionic. What's more, it's in a container (lxc, privileged,
works fine otherwise).

I just tried to run the command, it gives me back:

root at DC1:~#  sudo logrotate -d /etc/logrotate.conf
reading config file /etc/logrotate.conf
error: /etc/logrotate.conf:7 unknown group 'syslog'
removing last 0 log configs

Clearly, something is misconfigured here (although I never touched it, that
came as default). I'll try to figure out what and report back.

Thanks for the hint Louis!

Vic