[Samba] Problem after update version 4.15.0

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Oct 17 21:08:32 UTC 2021

Thanks so much.  Ideally 'git
revert 997fbcbc902d945eb5261ddc6667f830fbcd5931' on origin/master or
origin/v4-15-test would restore the previous behaviour, but it is also
quite likely to do something else entirely.

That is because with previous (to an extent, if not individually
tested) and subsequent development (GD's patches are a series, lots of
other changes along with this specific change) would rely on that
commit and so the revert produces a new previously unintended
codepath.

You could look over the whole series and work revert it all, that
command would be:

git checkout origin/master && git revert e168a95c1bb1928cf206baf6d2db851c85f65fa9..5ecda3bc3fbf899602a7e953d7c424f6435577d5 --no-edit && make -j

It would be an interesting data point if that worked or didn't, but
from here really we just need to wait for some of GD's developer time
to look into it.  Of course you can continue using 4.14 in your
production.

I thank you deeply for all the time you have put into this, it is
really valuable to dig into this so diligently.

Andrew Bartlett

Solutions