[Samba] RODC update/upgrade

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Oct 7 17:01:04 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2021-10-07 at 17:44 +0200, Ilias Chasapakis forumZFD via samba
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I did a minor upgrade on an RO DC from 4.14.7 to 4.14.8 following the
> instructions from the wiki for the "in place" one, but for AD DC.
>
> I had run samba-tool dbcheck before upgrade and got no errors. Then I
> did the upgrade and then after a post upgrade dbcheck I found that
> nearly all records were signed as to fix. Did use dbcheck --fix and
> all
> records started scrolling during check and were eventually reported
> as
> fixed.
>
> Checking back again I was surprised to find that it reported checked
> all
> records and (1 errors) between parenthesis. Tried again with --fix.
> The
> erros stays between parenthesis. I checked if I had login problems to
> the RO DC from a client and noticed no strange behaviour.
>
> > samba-tool dbcheck --fix
> > Checking 2000 objects
> > Checked 2000 objects (1 errors)

What is the error?  Not all errors can be fixed.  If you can't find it
I wouldn't worry, most Samba DBs have errors and on the RODC dbcheck is
going to have a harder time fixing a lot of things, I would run that on
your full DC also.

Andrew Bartlett

Solutions