[Samba] Samba4 + FreeIPA

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Fri Nov 5 16:45:07 UTC 2021

Hi David

Am 05.11.21 um 14:57 schrieb David Mulder via samba:

> On 11/5/21 7:49 AM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
>>
>> Well, there is a very good book, but .. Can you read german?
>> https://www.kania-online.de/fachbuecher/samba-4/
>>

> I've been wondering if we could get an English translation published.

I tried it two or Three times to get the book translated. Each time
there where some people who said "I'm going to help" but ...

I have all the rights from my publisher to publish an English version of
the book with any other publisher, because my publisher only has German
books.

So that's the problem ;-). It's a lot of work. This time it took 6 month
until the book was released. I think, first finding a publisher, then
translating it, testing everything, making the screenshots, print the
book so it will be ready for the market will take at least another 6
month. Btw the first version of the Samb4 book in 2013 took me nearly
one year.

AND you never get rich with writing books unless it's "harry potter" ;-)

So I would give it another try with one or two people, BUT only with a
contract! No talking and not doing.
--
Stefan Kania
Landweg 13

Signieren jeder E-Mail hilft Spam zu reduzieren und schützt Ihre
Privatsphäre. Ein kostenfreies Zertifikat erhalten Sie unter
https://www.dgn.de/dgncert/index.html
Download der root-Zertifikate: https://www.dgn.de/dgncert/downloads.html