[Samba] samba 4.9.7 - DC online backup error - "uncaught exception - 'TarFile' object has no attribute '__exit__'"

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Mar 24 17:48:03 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-03-24 at 12:33 +0000, Carlos Gardel via samba wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
>
> Thank you for your input. I really appreciate getting suggestions and
> advice from such a prominent Samba veteran!

No worries.

> According to your thoughts my plan will be to start to join a new DC
> (DC3) to the domain and then try to do an online backup on the new
> DC. Hopefully this will work better.

You can do the backup, before you join, on any server with modern Samba
installed, it need not be the new DC3, but could be.  The point of the
backup tool is that it does not modify the domain.  It also allows you
to know that most likely the join will work beforehand.

Andrew Bartlett

Solutions