[Samba] samba 4.9.7 - DC online backup error - "uncaught exception - 'TarFile' object has no attribute '__exit__'"

Carlos Gardel carlosito2021 at outlook.com
Sun Mar 28 19:40:09 UTC 2021

Hello again Andrew,

Thank you for your advice, especially the fact that the online backup can be performed before joining the domain! I am happy to report that the online backup tool completed without error on my new dc with samba 4.14.2 (before joining the domain).

After joining my new dc to the domain, is there anything I will need to consider before transferring the fsmo roles to the new dc? Dns, replication of sysvol etc?

Thank you once again and best regards,
Carlos