[Samba] Windows 10 cannot connect without SMB1

Dachshund Digital dachshund-digital at dc.rr.com
Fri Mar 5 01:59:01 UTC 2021

Kr,

Have have same version of Windows 10 working with Samba.  Version
information below.  I also have extensive experience with
virtualization.  Can you itemize your VM environment?  Such as what
product suite, version, etc.?

Samba Version...
# smbd -V
Version 4.9.5-Debian

Windows...
 >systeminfo | findstr /B /C:"OS Name" /C:"OS Version"
OS Name:                   Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (20H2) Feature
Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0
OS Version:                10.0.19042 N/A Build 19042, i.e. 19042.8004

Windows SMB Information...
(Note the SMB dialect is 3.1.1)

 > Get-SmbConnection | Select-Object -Property *
ContinuouslyAvailable : False
Credential            : MicrosoftAccount\[redacted]
Dialect               : 3.1.1
Encrypted             : [redacted]
NumOpens              : 2
Redirected            : False
ServerName            : [redacted]
ShareName             : EasyStore_01
Signed                : False
UserName              : [redacted]
PSComputerName        :
CimClass              : ROOT/Microsoft/Windows/SMB:MSFT_SmbConnection
CimInstanceProperties : {ContinuouslyAvailable, Credential, Dialect,
Encrypted...}
CimSystemProperties   :
Microsoft.Management.Infrastructure.CimSystemProperties

-DD