[Samba] Azure AD Connect but domain functional level 2012_R2 not yet supported?

ralph strebbing blackbirdralph at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 17:14:35 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jun 29, 2021 at 12:48 PM Andrew Martin <amartin at xes-inc.com> wrote:

> Do you happen to have another copy of that documentation? The link you posted
> earlier (http://haste.thegamingcorner.net/awizipedez.sql) doesn't appear to be
> working now and I couldn't find a copy of it on archive.org.
It's back online, my bad, the haste server died on reboot. I've restarted PM2.

> Thanks; it's clear to me that Azure AD Connect (the "old" tool) doesn't require
> a DC, but can the new Azure AD Connect Cloud Sync tool be run on a Domain
> Member also or does it require running on a DC too (or only if you want to do
> two-way password sync)?
I did have the new tool working, but couldn't get password-hash syncs
to work or rather update after the initial sync. And this was
following the Samba wiki without deviation.

> Did you set up the "old" tool on 3 different Domain Members as the docs
> recommend for redundancy? If so, was the setup process easier on the subsequent
> two ( all of the settings had already been configured on the first instance)?
I did not, I'm just running this on one Windows Server 2019 VM in our cluster.

Regards,
Ralph