[Samba] Fwd: "Not enough free space" on a 2.5TB share from a rather old win app

Brian Wengel m40636067 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 16:25:49 UTC 2021

I have a rather old Win application from 2006 which give me a "not
enough free space" when saving a file (very small file)
I don't see the problem from any other application nor from Windows 10
itself. The share is 2.54TB (2.14TB free) which is reported correctly
by the Windows.
I have another "identical" share one the same Samba server which is
only 148GB (12.6GB free) where I don't get this error.
Those two shares have identical config:

[global]
    #GENERAL
        vfs objects = acl_xattr
        map acl inherit = Yes
    #DOMAIN RELATED
        SERVER ROLE = MEMBER SERVER
        realm = MyDom.LOCAL
        workgroup = MyDom
        security = ADS
    #WINBIND
        winbind enum users = yes
        winbind enum groups = yes
    #IDMAP
        idmap config * : backend = tdb
        idmap config * : range = 2000-2999
    #LOGGING:
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        log level = 1
        max log size = 1000
        logging = file
    #NETWORK:
        server min protocol = SMB2
        interfaces = brLAN
    #PRINT
        load printers = no
        printing = bsd
        printcap name = /dev/null
        disable spoolss = yes

[PROD_SSD]
     path = /mnt/SSD_DATA/PROD_SSD/
     browseable = yes
     writeable = yes
     create mask = 0770
     directory mask = 0770
     guest ok = no
     read only = no

[PROD_HDD]
     path = /mnt/R5_DATA/share/PROD_HDD/
     browseable = yes
     writeable = yes
     create mask = 0770
     directory mask = 0770
     read only = no
     guest ok = no

Tried to set log-level =4 and compare the logfile when saving to
PROD_SSD and PROD_HDD but wasn't able for find any errors or
information to track down the problem.
Have tried to use "min receivefile size = 131072" but it didn't change
anything (not really sure was it does, even after reading the manual).
FS permissions on the two share are also the same.
First I was just using Samba as a stand-alone server but have now
changed it to an AD member server, but problem is still the same.

Using Samba version 4.11.14 (openSUSE 15.2)
Client Windows 2010
Application: 3D Systems, 3D Lightyear 1.5.2

Any good ideas?