[Samba] Question regarding samba-tool

Anders Östling anders.ostling at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 09:02:44 UTC 2021

Hi
I am creating scripts for batch loading of users and groups into Samba AD, but have a problem with non-existing options. I am still on 4.9.5 (Debian 10). According to the Wiki, there are options for OU and other attributes that don’t work for me.
If that is caused by me having a too old Samba, maybe it would be a good idea to update the Wiki with “Requires at least version X.X.X” for options that has been added recently.

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Adding_users_with_samba_tool Adding users with samba tool - SambaWiki

root at dc2-hplts:/home/sysman# samba-tool user create bengt changePwd0 --surname=Swedin --given-name=Bengt --userou="OU=Konton” -script-path=netlogon.cmd '--profile-path=\\DC2-HPLTS\profiles\bengt' --home-drive=U '--home-directory=\\FS1-HPLTS\bengt'
samba-tool: error: no such option: --userou

Anders Östling

Dämmegatan 11
SE-25442 Helsingborg
Sweden