[Samba] Question regarding samba-tool

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Feb 13 09:45:28 UTC 2021

On 13/02/2021 09:02, Anders Östling via samba wrote:
> Hi
> I am creating scripts for batch loading of users and groups into Samba AD, but have a problem with non-existing options. I am still on 4.9.5 (Debian 10). According to the Wiki, there are options for OU and other attributes that don’t work for me.
> If that is caused by me having a too old Samba, maybe it would be a good idea to update the Wiki with “Requires at least version X.X.X” for options that has been added recently.

By recently, do you mean something like 5 minor versions before yours ?

The samba-tool 'OU' commands were added at 4.9.0 , so you should have
them. What does 'samba-tool user create --help' return ? Does it show
'--userou=USEROU' ?

If it does try your command like this:

samba-tool user create bengt changePwd0 --surname=Swedin
--given-name=Bengt --userou='OU=Konton' -script-path=netlogon.cmd
--profile-path='\\DC2-HPLTS\profiles\bengt' --home-drive=U
--home-directory='\\FS1-HPLTS\bengt'

Just a thought, does the 'Konton' OU exist ?

Rowland