[Samba] How to Properly Configure Samba's Internal DNS

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 1 09:06:03 UTC 2021

On 01/02/2021 08:39, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> As long i dont see the debug output of the script,
> I and Rowland (and others) are having a hard time to help out here.
>
> The debugscript i made does show us almost all we need.
> Now what you can do with it.
>
> Run in it on all you AD-DC's and find the differences.
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/samba4/master/samba-collect-debug-info.sh
>
> if you post the output to the list, dont attach the files and anonymize it where needed.

Might be an idea, even though the OP seems to have fixed his dns problem.

He then moved on to a problem with a Unix domain member, which turned
out to be caused by a malformed 'idmap config' line.

He supplied a copy of the smb.conf he is using now and I just noticed
another problem, though this could be a cut and paste typo:

workgroup = AD_DOMAIN

idmap config AD-DOMAIN

Rowland