[Samba] Multichannel and RSS Not Detected

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Aug 18 12:45:59 UTC 2021

Hai Chris,

Well, after you did this, did you check for new firmware packages for debian also.
These might be out of sync.

dpkg -l |grep firmware
I dont know if linux is also loading firmware, but check that, should be somewhere in the bootlog/dmesg output.
If thats the case, i would look in : packages.debian.org if the current firmware is available in newer packages.

> Both of these servers are multi-homed and are connected to three different
> networks.  I discovered this morning that when looking at the server that is
> working on the storage interface, that multichannel is not  working on the
> internal interface which is using a different NIC.  So there is another piece
> added to this puzzle.  You gave an example to disable offloading of the NICs.

> Is that required for multichannel/RSS to work?
I dont think its required.

I would start here with newer kernel and linux firmwares.
https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=buster-backports&section=all&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=linux-image-5.10

https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=buster&section=all&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=firmware-linux
And possible the "specific firmwares"
( like i use : firmware-bnx2 )

Cant help much beside above, i hope i gave you some ideas where to look at.

Greetz,

Louis