[Samba] Multichannel and RSS Not Detected

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Aug 18 12:44:03 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-08-18 at 06:17 -0600, Chris Dos via samba wrote:
> I was digging into the difference between the servers again and I
> noticed some
> other difference.
>
> I had upgraded the firmware a couple of months ago on the Supermicro
> Mellanox
> card (had to get the firmware from Supermicro) that is in the server
> that is
> not working.  I'm also running the Mellanox driver itself on the
> server that
> is not working.

>From that, my understanding is that the only difference between two
nearly identical computers is that the non working one has upgraded
card firmware and an official driver, whilst the working one has an
older version of the card firmware and is using a different driver, is
this correct ?

If it is correct, then possibly (probably ?) the problem is being
caused by either the upgraded firmware or driver.

Rowland