[Samba] Multichannel and RSS Not Detected

Chris Dos chris at chrisdos.com
Wed Aug 18 12:17:00 UTC 2021

I was digging into the difference between the servers again and I noticed some
other difference.

I had upgraded the firmware a couple of months ago on the Supermicro Mellanox
card (had to get the firmware from Supermicro) that is in the server that is
not working.  I'm also running the Mellanox driver itself on the server that
is not working.

Both of these servers are multi-homed and are connected to three different
networks.  I discovered this morning that when looking at the server that is
working on the storage interface, that multichannel is not working on the
internal interface which is using a different NIC.  So there is another piece
added to this puzzle.  You gave an example to disable offloading of the NICs.
Is that required for multichannel/RSS to work?

    Chris