[Samba] Group Policies are not applied

Pisch Tamás pischta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 07:04:39 UTC 2021

> CMD : ipconfig /all
> Check dns-suffix and primary domain suffix..
ad.ourdomain.hu: thats ok.

> What is windows event ID telling?
1053 and 1055. Windows cannot resolve user/computer name.
> And, did you test with the firewall off.. of not at least try it.
Unfortunately not. It let in the vpn traffic, and it has several other
important rules. As I see, traffic between dc2 and the client Win10 is
not filtered. dc2 runs on a Windows 2008 hypervisor. I'm going to move
it to Vmware in 1-2 days, because I've read an article about that
Windows 2008 has a network problem what could cause similar problem
(yes, Windows 2008 is too old, but I inherited that environment).

Regards,

Tamás.