[Samba] Group Policies are not applied

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Apr 13 07:27:04 UTC 2021

Ah, 1053 and 1055 .. well

If its RoadWarrior setup, you can try this

Add-VpnConnection -Name "VpnConnectionNAME" -ServerAddress "vpn.domain.tld " -TunnelType "IKEv2" -AuthenticationMethod EAP -SplitTunneling -DnsSuffix " ad.ourdomain.hu" -AllUserConnection

Add-VpnConnectionRoute -ConnectionName " VpnConnectionNAME" -DestinationPrefix "IP_RANGE_LAN_BEHIND_VPN" -PassThru -AllUserConnection

Add-VpnConnectionRoute " VpnConnectionNAME" ::/1 -AllUserConnection
Add-VpnConnectionRoute " VpnConnectionNAME" 8000::/1 -AllUserConnection

In above case, VPN clients gets DNS through DHCP server from lan.
above worked for me.

in addition, read this.
http://woshub.com/dns-resolution-via-vpn-not-working-windows/

If its a LAN2LAN, most should work, i have that here.
my remote PC's just login at main office,
you can try and set the DNS and dns domain in the ip settings
If the VPN tunnel isnt restricted that should work.
But there is more going on in the Windows 10 setups, thats first to make sure its all ok.

Greetz,

Louis