[Samba] Samba AD with multiple DC and multiple NICs

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Oct 21 08:04:49 UTC 2020

On 20/10/2020 22:09, Stefano Vargiu via samba wrote:
> I didn't know the concept of site in AD: thank you for pointing that out to
> me, I'll read about it.
> I'm also going to avoid the same subnets on the two sites, but honestly
> I'll try to keep the multi-homed configuration because I always used it (at
> least in single master configurations), always worked and I never had
> problems with it: I think it's enough that all the IPs of the domain
> controller are reachable (through appropriate routing) from any subnets
> served by it.
>
> Thank you
> Stefano

You can do as you wish, but I will say it again, just in case you missed
it, Active Directory Domain Controllers do not like being being
multi-homed, they can only have one hostname, so which Ipaddress do you
link to that ? What you could is, use one IP and then use a CNAME for
the other IP.

Rowland