[Samba] Samba AD with multiple DC and multiple NICs

Stefano Vargiu vstefanoxx at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 09:58:48 UTC 2020

>  they can only have one hostname, so which Ipaddress do you link to that?

Both IPs? The requirement of a DC having only one hostname doesn't rule out
the option to let it be resolved to multiple IPs (which on the other hand
samba does automatically when binding it to multiple interfaces).

> What you could is, use one IP and then use a CNAME for the other IP
Sorry, again I don't get it. Why a CNAME?
How can I associate the second IP to a CNAME record?

With the configuration you are suggesting, are you implying that I should
only bind samba to one interface, or I can keep two interfaces in the
"interfaces" parameter?