[Samba] DC disaster recovery

Christian Naumer cn at brain-biotech.de
Tue Jul 14 06:07:55 UTC 2020

Hi there,
actually have the same setup. XCP-NG and DC on VMs. But as we have a
pool we have multiple DC VMs. There are some additional things to consider.

Am 14.07.20 um 01:25 schrieb Gregory Sloop via samba:

> I obviously get that if I restore a backup or snapshot from, say, a week ago - that any changes to AD since the backup will be lost.

Any machine/PC that changes their machine password will have to be
rejoined to the domain.
Any users that have changed their password will have to remember their
"old" password and change it again.

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Unit Head Bioprocess Development

B.R.A.I.N Aktiengesellschaft
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.com, homepage www.brain-biotech.com
fon +49-6251-9331-30  /   fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Manfred Bender
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen